Sunday 5 April 2009

At Dingboche

Just a quick one as this is costing a lot!!

Arrived at Dingboche today afetr two good days from Namche. On Friday we walked to Deboche, where we shared a lodge with an American film crew making a documentary; the crew included Ed Viesters (quite a famous mountaineering film maker) and also Dave Hard, the guy who discovered George Mallory's body. Yesterday, we trekked up to Pangboche via Ama Dablam basecamp, which was a tough but very satisfying day.

We are now going to spend four days at Dingboche doing acclimatisation walks before we carry on up the valley towards basecamp.

I'm still feeling great and so far I've sufffered no ill effects.

I'll blog again before we leave Dingboche.

4 comments:

  1. Things sound great, 4:0 as well today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great read Pete. Sounds like a stroll in the park so far! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey Mr B

    All sounding splendid - you were right i am now completely jealous and am wishing i was climbing the tallest pointy thing ever.

    So the big question did ya remember to take your own tea this time? Nothing tastes quite like home brewed PG Tips!

    Keep writing - I'm now a dedicated follower!

    Hels x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hels called me today and suggested I read your blog as I tend to get off on crazy exploits..... wow, you certainly seem to have set your sights high and the journey sounds great.

    Made my day reading your stuff. Thanks.

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete